Textron Inc (TXT.N)
20 Jul 2018
Wed, Jul 18 2018
Textron Inc reported a higher-than-expected quarterly profit and raised its 2018 forecast on Wednesday, but its shares fell 5 percent as investors focused on the relative strength of its aviation business order book.
* Cuts 2018 effective tax rate forecast to 19.5 pct from 22.5 pct
July 18 Textron Inc on Wednesday reported a better-than-expected quarterly profit, helped by higher aircraft deliveries, and the Cessna business jet maker raised its 2018 earnings and cash flow forecasts.
* TEXTRON INC SAYS CONTINUES TO WORK TOWARDS LONGITUDE AIRCRAFT CERTIFICATION, WHICH IS EXPECTED LATER IN THE SECOND QUARTER OF 2018- CONF CALL
Cessna jets maker Textron Inc reported a higher-than-expected quarterly profit on Wednesday, as President Trump's tax cuts encouraged corporate America to spend more on business jets.
* To sell tools and test equipment unit to Emerson for $810 mln
* TEXTRON REPORTS FIRST QUARTER 2018 INCOME FROM CONTINUING OPERATIONS OF $0.72 PER SHARE; SIGNS AGREEMENT TO SELL TOOLS & TEST BUSINESS FOR $810 MILLION
* EMERSON TO ACQUIRE TOOLS AND TEST EQUIPMENT BUSINESS FROM TEXTRON TO CREATE LEADING PORTFOLIO FOR THE PRO
April 18 Textron Inc said on Wednesday it would sell its tools and test equipment business to Emerson Electric Co for $810 million.
* TEXTRON INC SAYS CHAIRMAN AND CEO SCOTT DONNELLY'S FY 2017 TOTAL COMPENSATION WAS $14.8 MILLION VERSUS $12.7 MILLION IN FY 2016 - SEC FILING Source text: (http://bit.ly/2FZntMm) Further company coverage:
- Textron Inc (TXT) CEO Scott Donnelly on Q2 2018 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
- Textron Inc 2018 Q2 - Results - Earnings Call Slides
- NATO Agrees To Step It Up Post Trump Tirade (Wall Street Breakfast Podcast)
- The Tiny Jet Maker That Outperformed Boeing
- Textron (TXT) Presents At Electrical Products Group 2018 Annual Spring Conference - Slideshow
- Earnings Season's Biggest Winners And Losers... So Far