Under Armour Inc (UAA.N)
21 Sep 2018
Thu, Sep 20 2018
Under Armour Inc announced 400 job cuts on Thursday and raised its forecast for adjusted profit to the high-end of an earlier range, deepening cost-cuts in the face of rising competition from Nike and Adidas .
* Shares rise over 5 pct (Adds analysts quote, background; Updates share price)
Sept 20 Sportswear maker Under Armour Inc said on Thursday it would cut about 3 percent of its global workforce as part of a restructuring plan.
Dick's Sporting Goods reported a bigger-than-expected drop in quarterly same-store sales on Wednesday and forecast further declines this year, hit by tighter gun controls and a drop in Under Armour sales. | Video
Sportswear maker Under Armour Inc raised its revenue forecast for the year on the back of higher demand for its athletic wear overseas and a turnaround in its U.S. sales, sending its shares up 8 percent on Thursday.
July 26 Sportswear maker Under Armour Inc raised its revenue forecast for the year on the back of higher demand for its athletic wear overseas and a turnaround in its U.S. sales, sending its shares up 8 percent on Thursday.
July 26 Sportswear maker Under Armour Inc reported a bigger quarterly loss on Thursday, hit by investments in its direct-to-consumer business and international markets.
* GREENLIGHT CAPITAL DISSOLVES SHARE STAKE IN UNDER ARMOUR INC
* CEO not concerned about possible U.S. tariffs on China (Adds CEO comments from conference call)
Under Armour Inc on Tuesday forecast a bigger-than-expected loss for the second quarter, taking the shine off first-quarter sales that topped Wall Street estimates, as the sportswear maker spends heavily on an overseas expansion.
- Under Armour: Doing More With Less
- 3 Reasons Dick's Sporting Goods' Run Isn't Over Yet
- Tech Is Defenseless - Cramer's Mad Money (9/6/18)
- Nike Goes Way Offside With Its Colin Kaepernick Ad. Nike Does Not Take A Knee
- Under Armour Is Finally Addressing Its Core Issues
- Dick's Sporting Goods: Quit Blaming Under Armour