Unilever PLC (ULVR.L)
Thu, Apr 19 2018
* Nestle shares up, Unilever and P&G down (Adds comments from P&G CEO, Unilever CFO, background on rising freight costs; updates shares)
ZURICH/LONDON, April 19 First-quarter sales growth at Nestle and Unilever was driven almost entirely by shifting more goods, in a stark illustration of how hard it is for consumer products makers to raise prices in a competitive retail environment.
LONDON Unilever , the Anglo-Dutch consumer goods giant, reported first-quarter sales figures that met expectations, helped mainly by increases in the volume of products sold, and maintained its full-year outlook.
* UNILEVER CFO SAYS SEES MARKETS GROWING JUST BELOW 3 PERCENT
* Announces 6 billion euro share buyback (Adds details on price/volume, buyback, move to Netherlands)
* INTERVIEW - UNILEVER CFO SAYS BALANCE OF VOLUME AND PRICE TO IMPROVE IN BACK HALF OF YEAR
* Q1 UNDERLYING SALES GROWTH EXCLUDING SPREADS 3.7% WITH VOLUME 3.6% AND PRICE 0.1%
LONDON, April 19 Unilever , the Anglo-Dutch consumer goods giant, reported first-quarter sales that met expectations, helped by volume gains, and maintained its full-year outlook.
LONDON Two influential shareholder advisory firms have issued warnings about remuneration at Unilever , setting the stage for dissent at next month's annual general meetings.
* Unilever to base main headquarters in Netherlands (Adds details, alert from IA)
- Diageo Disappoints With 3Q Earnings As European Markets Seek Direction
- I Love Brands, I Love Investing in Unilever
- What You Were Buying Last Week: Unilever
- Should Investors Look for a Buying Opportunity at Unilever While the FTSE 100 Tanks?
- Is It Still Safe to Buy Unilever?
- What Do These Ratios Tell Us About Unilever?