Varian Medical Systems Inc (VAR.N)
Thu, Jun 14 2018
SYDNEY Australia's Sirtex Medical has picked the highest bidder in a takeover battle for the liver cancer specialist, going with a $1.4 billion Chinese offer that trumped U.S. company Varian Medical Systems .
* CDH offer was made only days before Varian was to seal deal
* BOARD CONSIDERING RELATIVE MERITS AND RISKS OF CDH PROPOSAL AND VARIAN MEDICAL SYSTEMS SCHEME
Varian Medical Systems said it would not increase its offer to buy Australian liver cancer treatment provider Sirtex Medical Ltd after Sirtex on Tuesday said Chinese private equity firm CDH Investments had submitted a formal bid.
May 22 Varian Medical Systems said it would not increase its offer to buy Australian liver cancer treatment provider Sirtex Medical Ltd after Sirtex on Tuesday said Chinese private equity firm CDH Investments had submitted a formal bid.
* VARIAN NOTIFIES SIRTEX IT WILL NOT SUBMIT A COUNTERPROPOSAL TO COMPETING BID
* VARIAN MEDICAL SYSTEMS INC - ACQUIRED COOPERATIVE CL ENTERPRISES, A DISTRIBUTOR OF RADIOTHERAPY EQUIPMENT IN TAIWAN Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
SYDNEY/HONG KONG Chinese private equity firm CDH Investments lobbed a last-minute $1.4 billion offer for Australian liver-cancer treatment firm Sirtex Medical , trumping Varian Medical Systems days before the U.S. firm was set to seal a takeover deal.
* Varian says its offer is superior (Recasts, adds shareholder and analyst comments, background)
May 4 Australia's Sirtex Medical said on Friday China's CDH Investments has made an offer to buy all shares of the company for A$1.87 billion ($1.41 billion), or A$33.6 per share, in cash.
- First Eagle Global Value Team Quarterly Commentary Q1 2018
- Accuray Moves Back From A Spark To A Damp Squib
- Varian Medical Systems (VAR) Q2 2018 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
- Varian Medical Systems, Inc. 2018 Q2 - Results - Earnings Call Slides
- Hold On To Varian Medical Systems In 2018
- Valuation Dashboard: Healthcare - Update