Viacom Inc (VIAB.OQ)
23 Mar 2018
Wed, Feb 28 2018
* VIACOM INC-CEO ROBERT BAKISH BELIEVES WILL BRING CO'S BRANDS TO MOBILE IN FY'18-MORGAN STANLEY CONFERENCE
* TAKES SHARE STAKE OF 1 MILLION CLASS B SHARES IN VIACOM - SEC FILING
On Tuesday, Reuters hosted a Newsmaker event, “No Safe Spaces for Big Media,” in New York with moderator Jennifer Saba, Breakingviews columnist, and panelists Julius Genachowski, Partner and Managing Director, The Carlyle Group; Samantha Greenberg, Managing Partner and Chief Investment Officer, Margate Capital; DeDe Lea, Executive Vice President, Global Government Affairs, Viacom and James C. Murray, Partner, PJT Partners.
Viacom Inc , which is exploring a merger with CBS Corp , raised its forecast for full-year revenue from U.S. cable and satellite companies on Thursday, sending its shares up as much as 12 percent.
* Shares jump as much as 12 pct (Adds context, background on U.S. ad sales)
* VIACOM PROJECTS RETURN TO GROWTH IN ADJUSTED OPERATING INCOME, ADJUSTED DILUTED EPS IN SECOND HALF OF FY 2018 - COMPANY
* REVENUES IN FIRST FISCAL QUARTER DECREASED 8%, OR $251 MILLION, TO $3.07 BILLION
Feb 8 Viacom Inc, the owner of MTV, Comedy Central and Nickelodeon, reported a 7.6 percent fall in quarterly revenue on Thursday, due to a drop in the fees it collects from cable TV operators.
CBS Corp and Viacom Inc have formed special committees to explore a merger, the companies said on Thursday, the first step in potentially reuniting the companies split by media mogul Sumner Redstone more than a decade ago.
Feb 1 CBS Corp and Viacom Inc have formed special committees to explore a merger, the companies said on Thursday, the first step in potentially reuniting the companies split by media mogul Sumner Redstone more than a decade ago.
- Viacom: Content Investments A Bullish Sign
- Tariffs, Wages And Target In The Bull's-eye
- Lions Gate: Upside Left Amid The Acquisition Hype
- The Best And Worst Performing Stocks On Earnings This Season
- Viacom Acquires VidCon To Continue Conference Expansion
- Content Licensing Powers CBS Past Estimates With A Robust 2018 Outlook Ahead