Vodafone Group PLC (VOD.L)
Wed, Jun 20 2018
LONDON Vodafone said on Wednesday it will begin testing next-generation 5G mobile networks in seven of Britain's 10 largest cities later in 2018, part of a plan to start limited deployments in dense urban areas in some markets next year.
LONDON, June 20 Vodafone said on Wednesday it will begin testing next-generation 5G mobile networks in seven of Britain's 10 largest cities later in 2018, part of a plan to start limited deployments in dense urban areas in some markets next year.
* Energy stocks, financials on the rise (Recasts, adds detail and quote, updates prices at close)
LONDON Vodafone Chief Executive Vittorio Colao will step down in October after 10 years in which the Italian reshaped the world's second largest mobile operator into a digital communications powerhouse with a string of major deals. | Video
* Read to focus on integration, realising deal benefits (Adds further quotes)
LONDON (Reuters Breakingviews) - Vodafone’s departing chief executive, Vittorio Colao, is leaving a tough job for his successor Nick Read. A disciplined approach to acquisitions and investment has helped the mobile group beat peers’ returns. The challenge for Read, who is currently the company’s chief financial officer, is to make a success of the giant Liberty Global deal at a company that’s more used to pruning than growing its portfolio.
LONDON, May 15 The announcement of the departure of Vodafone's boss later this year hit shares in the world's second largest mobile operator and held back Britain's leading stocks index on Tuesday morning.
LONDON, May 15 Vodafone's Chief Executive Vittorio Colao will step down in October after 10 years in charge of the world's second largest mobile operator, and will be succeeded by Chief Financial Officer Nick Read, the company said on Tuesday. (Reporting by Paul Sandle; editing by Kate Holton)
BRIEF-Liberty Global Says If Deal With Vodafone Terminates Due To Antitrust Issues, Co To Get Compensatory Payment Of EUR 250 Mln
* LIBERTY GLOBAL - IF DEAL WITH VODAFONE TERMINATES BECAUSE CONDITION TO GET ANTITRUST APPROVAL IS NOT MET, CO TO BE PAID COMPENSATORY PAYMENT OF EUR 250 MILLION Source text: (https://bit.ly/2KVCX6n) Further company coverage:
LONDON Vodafone has agreed to pay $21.8 billion to buy Liberty Global's assets in Germany and eastern Europe to take the fight to rivals with a broader range of superfast cable TV, broadband and mobile services. | Video
- 45 'Safer' Dividend Nasdaq Equities For June
- Your 52 Top Yield, Upside And Gains Nasdaq Index Stocks For June
- 13 Of 29 Communication Services WallStars Claim 'Safer' Dividends For May
- Top 29 Communication Services WallStars By May Yield And Target Gains
- Why The Negativity Over Vodafone?
- Vodafone Group Plc 2018 Q4 - Results - Earnings Call Slides