Vectren Corp (VVC.N)
21 Sep 2018
Fri, May 4 2018
* CENTERPOINT ENERGY REPORTS FIRST QUARTER 2018 EARNINGS OF $0.38 PER DILUTED SHARE; $0.55 PER DILUTED SHARE ON A GUIDANCE BASIS
* VECTREN CORP INCREASES QUARTERLY DIVIDEND BY 7.1 PERCENT TO $0.45PER SHARE
* ORATION REPORTS IMPROVED FIRST QUARTER 2018 RESULTS; AFFIRMS 2018 GUIDANCE
U.S. gas and electric utility CenterPoint Energy said on Monday it would buy rival Vectren Corp for about $6 billion, the latest in a string of mergers in the sector as power consumption in many parts of the country flattens.
* CenterPoint down 2.8 pct, Vectren up 7.3 pct (Adds Breakingviews link, updates share prices)
April 23 The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals were reported by 2000 GMT on Monday:
BRIEF-CenterPoint Energy Says Upon Termination Of Deal, Co To Pay Termination Fee Of $210 Mln To Vectren
* CENTERPOINT ENERGY SAYS UPON TERMINATION OF DEAL UNDER CERTAIN CONDITIONS, CO WOULD BE REQUIRED TO PAY TERMINATION FEE OF $210 MILLION TO VECTREN
* CENTERPOINT ENERGY INC - TRANSACTION ANTICIPATED TO BE FUNDED BY COMBINATION OF EQUITY AND DEBT
April 23 U.S. gas and electric utility CenterPoint Energy said on Monday it would buy rival Vectren Corp in a deal valued at about $6 billion.
U.S. regional gas and electric utility CenterPoint Energy Inc is nearing a deal to acquire peer Vectren Corp, three people familiar with the matter said on Sunday.
- 3 Reasons Most People Can't Retire
- Merger Arbitrage Mondays - September 3, 2018
- Vectren Corp (VVC) CEO Carl Chapman on Q2 2018 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
- Vectren Corp 2018 Q2 - Results - Earnings Call Slides
- How To Retire At 62 With A Measly Million
- How To Retire At 63 With Half A Million In 2018