Woolworths Holdings Ltd (WHLJ.J)
20 Mar 2018
Thu, Feb 22 2018
* Investments in South Africa still in place (Adds Truworths comments, updates share price)
JOHANNESBURG, Feb 22 South African retailer Woolworths Holdings' chief executive said on Thursday he did not believe a hike in value added tax (VAT) would have a negative impact on consumer spending.
JOHANNESBURG, Feb 22 South African retailer Woolworths Holdings reported a 15 percent drop in half-year profit on Thursday in part hurt by a hefty write-down charge on the value of its David Jones business in Australia.
* GROUP SALES FOR FIRST 26 WEEKS OF 2018 FINANCIAL YEAR INCREASED BY 2.5% TO R38.8 BILLION
* SALES FOR FIRST 26 WEEKS OF 2018 FINANCIAL YEAR INCREASED BY 2.5% OVER PRIOR PERIOD (AND BY 2.9% IN CONSTANT CURRENCY TERMS)
* WAS ALERTED TO POTENTIAL USE OF ANIMAL FUR IN POM-POM TRIMS ON THREE CHILDREN'S T-SHIRTS
* GROUP SALES FOR FIRST 20 WEEKS OF 2018 FINANCIAL YEAR INCREASED BY 2.6%