WestRock Co (WRK.N)
16 Feb 2018
Mon, Jan 29 2018
WestRock Co agreed to buy smaller rival KapStone Paper and Packaging Corp for about $3.5 billion as it looks to make the most of strong demand for packaging products in a growing U.S. economy and a booming ecommerce market.
* KapStone shares just shy of $35 offer price (Adds Breakingviews link, updates share prices)
* WESTROCK SIGNS DEFINITIVE AGREEMENT TO ACQUIRE KAPSTONE FOR $35 PER SHARE
Jan 29 U.S. packaging company WestRock Co said on Monday it would buy KapStone Paper and Packaging Corp for an enterprise value of about $4.9 billion, to help expand in the western United States.
* Q1 EARNINGS PER SHARE VIEW $0.75 -- THOMSON REUTERS I/B/E/S
* PMCF ANNOUNCES SALE OF PLYMOUTH PACKAGING TO WESTROCK COMPANY (NYSE: WRK) Source text for Eikon:
BRIEF-Westrock Says CEO Steven Voorhees' FY 2017 Total Compensation Was $11.4 Mln Versus $10.7 Mln In 2016
* WESTROCK CO SAYS CEO STEVEN VOORHEES' FY 2017 TOTAL COMPENSATION WAS $11.4 MILLION VERSUS $10.7 MILLION IN 2016 - SEC FILING Source text: (v) Further company coverage:
* WESTROCK ANNOUNCES AGREEMENTS TO ACQUIRE PLYMOUTH PACKAGING
* REITERATED FISCAL 2018 GUIDANCE FOR REVENUE OF AT LEAST $16.3 BILLION, ADJUSTED SEGMENT EBITDA OF MORE THAN $2.8 BILLION
* $410 MILLION INVESTMENT OVER TWO YEARS WILL REPLACE THREE OLDER PAPER MACHINES Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
- The MnM Portfolio - Checking In On Portfolio Fundamentals
- It's Like 2008 Again - Cramer's Mad Money (2/8/18)
- Upcoming Dividends; 75 Companies, 33 Increases, 18 Double-Digit Increases!
- 24 Dividend Increases: January 29-February 2, 2018 (Part 2: Remaining Sectors)
- WestRock: KapStone Acquisition A Strong Catalyst For 2018
- WestRock Company's (WRK) CEO Steve Voorhees on Q1 2018 Results - Earnings Call Transcript