Whitbread PLC (WTB.L)
16 Feb 2018
Thu, Jan 18 2018
* Brands include Costa Coffee and Premier Inn (Adds response from Whitbread)
* BOARD CONTINOUSLY REVIEWS STRUCTURE OF THE BUSINESS, REMAIN 'OPEN-MINDED' - CONF CALL Further company coverage: (Bengaluru Newsroom: +91 80 6749 1136)
Jan 18 Whitbread Plc, Britain's biggest hotel and coffee shop operator, said on Thursday comparable sales rose 0.3 percent in the UK amid tough consumer market conditions.
* GOOD TOTAL SALES GROWTH OF 6.8% YTD AND ON TRACK TO MEET FULL YEAR EXPECTATIONS
LONDON Activist investor Sachem Head has asked Whitbread to consider a break up of its Costa Coffee chain from its hotels and restaurant businesses, two people familiar with the matter told Reuters.
Jan 4 Britain's Whitbread, owner of Costa Coffee and Premier Inn, on Thursday appointed as chairman Adam Crozier, a former chief executive of broadcaster ITV Plc and Royal Mail Plc.
* ANNOUNCES RETIREMENT OF RICHARD BAKER AS CHAIRMAN AND APPOINTMENT OF ADAM CROZIER
LONDON Whitbread shares jumped more than 7 percent on Wednesday after U.S.-based hedge fund Sachem Head Capital Management declared a 3.4 percent stake in the British hotel and coffee chain operator.
LONDON, Dec 6 Whitbread shares jumped more than 7 percent on Wednesday after U.S.-based hedge fund Sachem Head Capital Management declared a 3.4 percent stake in the British hotel and coffee chain operator.
LONDON, Dec 6 Whitbread shares jumped 7 percent on Wednesday after activist investment fund Sachem Head declared a 3.4 percent stake in the hotel and coffee chain operator.
- European Markets Rise Despite Iraq Conflict, as Local Economy and Stocks Take Center Stage
- Double-Digit Sales Growth Lifts Whitbread
- 10 FTSE 100 Shares Trading Near 52-Week Highs
- 3 FTSE Shares Hitting New Highs
- Should I Buy These 5 Shares? Whitbread, Aggreko, and Gulf Keystone Petroleum
- My Verdict on 5 FTSE Boardrooms