Profile: Digital Realty Trust Inc (DLR)
14 Dec 2017
Digital Realty Trust, Inc., incorporated on March 9, 2004, is a real estate investment trust (REIT). The Company is engaged in the business of owning, acquiring, developing and operating data centers. It is focused on providing data center and colocation solutions for domestic and international tenants across a range of industry verticals ranging from financial services, cloud and information technology services, to manufacturing, energy, healthcare and consumer products. As of December 31, 2016, its portfolio consisted of 145 operating properties, including 14 properties held as investments in unconsolidated joint ventures, of which 104 are located throughout the United States, 32 are located in Europe, four are located in Asia, three are located in Australia and two are located in Canada.
The Company is a general partner of Digital Realty Trust, L.P. As of December 31, 2016, it owned an approximate 98.5% common general partnership interest in Digital Realty Trust, L.P. The remaining approximate 1.5% common limited partnership interests are owned by non-affiliated investors and certain directors and officers of Digital Realty Trust, Inc. As of December 31, 2016, it owned all of the preferred limited partnership interests of Digital Realty Trust, L.P.
The Company is diversified in various metropolitan areas where data center and technology tenants are concentrated, including the Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, New York, Northern Virginia, Phoenix, San Francisco, Seattle and Silicon Valley metropolitan areas in the United States, the Amsterdam, Dublin, Frankfurt, London and Paris metropolitan areas in Europe and the Singapore, Sydney, Melbourne, Hong Kong and Osaka metropolitan areas in the Asia Pacific region. As of December 31, 2016, its properties contained a total of approximately 26.1 million rentable square feet, including approximately 2.0 million square feet of space under active development, which included base building and data center projects in progress, as well as approximately 1.1 million square feet of space held for future development, which included space held for future data center development and excludes space under active development. The types of properties within its portfolio include data centers, which provide environments for the exchange, processing and storage of critical electronic information; Internet gateway data centers, which serve as hubs for Internet and data communications within and between major metropolitan areas, and office and other non-data center space.
The Company competes with CoreSite Realty Corporation, CyrusOne Inc., DuPont Fabros Technology, Inc., Equinix, Inc., QTS Realty Trust, Inc. and Global Switch Holdings Limited.
Digital Realty Trust Inc
4 Embarcadero Ctr Ste 3200
SAN FRANCISCO CA 94111-4188
Company Web Links
- BRIEF-Digital Realty Signs 2 Agreements To Source About 324,000 Additional Mw-Hours Of Wind, Solar Power Annually For Co's Chicago, Ashburn Data Center Properties
- Chevron deference landmine lurks in new brief in SCOTUS whistleblower case
- BRIEF-Digital Realty and Mitsubishi Corp announce joint venture in Japan
- Japan's Mitsubishi, U.S. partner to invest $1.8 billion in data centers: media
- Japan's Mitsubishi, U.S. partner to invest $1.8 bln in data centres -media