LG Corp (003550.KS)
23 Nov 2017
WASHINGTON/SEOUL The U.S. International Trade Commission on Tuesday recommended tariffs to keep Samsung and LG from flooding the U.S. market with inexpensive washers, a step that would protect American appliance giant Whirlpool Corp .
WASHINGTON, Nov 21 The U.S. International Trade Commission on Tuesday called for a tariff-rate quota on imported Samsung and LG brand washers after appliance giant Whirlpool Corp urged the imposition of "global safeguard" limits on its South Korean rivals to stop them from flooding the American market with cheap machines.
* CIO receives first purchase order from electronics giant LG Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* Sept quarter net profit 233.4 million rupees versus profit of 223.1 million rupees year ago
* Says initiated steps to terminate dealership & hire purchase agreements between co and Tata Motors Source text - http://bit.ly/2z0MxPG Further company coverage:
WARSAW South Korea's LG Chem will open Europe's largest lithium-ion battery factory in Poland next year as the region's auto industry gears up to mass produce electric cars.
* EU struggles to build its own battery production business (Adds comments, background)
* LGC Capital Ltd announced that its stock symbol will change to "LG" effective at opening of markets on Monday, September 18, 2017 Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* June quarter net profit 111.3 million rupees versus profit 91.4 million rupees year ago
* Says its unit to provide ODM services to LG's mobile phones