Samsung Electronics Co Ltd (005935.KS)
14 Aug 2018
ISTANBUL President Tayyip Erdogan said on Tuesday Turkey will boycott electronic products from the United States, retaliating in a dispute with Washington that has helped drive the lira to record lows.
SEOUL Samsung Electronics Co Ltd is considering suspending operations at one of its mobile phone manufacturing plants in China due to slumping sales and rising labor costs, the Electronic Times reported on Monday.
* Recent phone factory investments have gone to India, Vietnam (Adds details on Samsung China market share, recent investments)
SEOUL Samsung Electronics Co Ltd unveiled the Galaxy Note 9 "phablet" in New York on Thursday in a key product launch that it hopes will attract younger customers with stepped-up features and services for gamers and music-lovers. | Video
* Samsung posted slowest quarterly profit growth in over a year (Updates throughout with analyst comments, share moves)
* Recently posted slowest quarterly profit growth in over a year
SEOUL Samsung Group will invest 25 trillion won ($22 billion) in artificial intelligence, 5G mobile technology, electronic components for autos, and the biopharmaceutical business in pursuit of new growth areas, Samsung Electronics said on Wednesday.
* S.Korea's top conglomerate unveils 3-year investment package
* Following Chinese lead, Samsung boosts marketing to millennials
MUMBAISometimes keeping ahead of the game means learning some tricks from rivals - a strategy Samsung Electronics Co Ltd hasn't been too proud to adopt in India where Xiaomi Corp and other Chinese brands have made hefty inroads.