China Telecom Corp Ltd (0728.HK)
17 Aug 2018
HONG KONG China Tower Corp Ltd's shares closed flat on their debut in Hong Kong on Wednesday, with escalating Sino-U.S. trade tensions dragging on investor sentiment toward the world's biggest initial public offering (IPO) in two years. | Video
* Shares close at issue price of $1.26 versus peak of HK$1.29
HONG KONG (Reuters/IFR) - China Tower Corp Ltd has raised $6.9 billion after pricing its initial public offering (IPO) at the bottom of an indicative range, four people close to the deal said on Wednesday, in the world's biggest listing in two years.
* Tower shares priced at bottom of offered range at HK$1.26 each
HONG KONG (Reuters/IFR) - China Tower, the world’s largest telecoms tower operator, has lined up $1.4 billion from 10 cornerstone investors for its Hong Kong IPO of up to $8.7 billion, in what would be the world's biggest listing in four years, people close to the deal said. | Video
* Tower IPO would be the world's biggest listing in 4 years (Adds valuation of comparable peers)
HONG KONG (Reuters Breakingviews) - China Tower could have communication issues with investors. The world’s biggest mobile-mast company has filed a prospectus for a Hong Kong float, which Reuters says could raise $10 billion. China’s big three telecoms operators are both key customers as well as shareholders. New backers will need to be convinced the trio won’t squeeze the company too hard as they try to keep their own costs down.
HONG KONG China Tower, the world's biggest operator of mobile phone towers, has applied to list its shares in Hong Kong in what could become the city's second $10 billion offering this year.
* China Tower operated 1.9 million sites as of end 2017 (Adds details from IPO prospectus, company background)
* QTRLY MOBILE SUBSCRIBERS 265.30 MILLION VERSUS 249.96 MILLION Q/Q