Lenovo Group Ltd (0992.HK)
22 Mar 2018
* ANNOUNCES THAT MINIMUM FIXED SPREAD FOR 2023 NOTES WILL BE 195 BASIS POINTS
* PROPOSES ISSUANCE OF U.S. DOLLAR-DENOMINATED NOTES DUE 2023 AND 2028
* MADE APPLICATION TO STOCK EXCHANGE OF HONG KONG LTD FOR LISTING OF US$3 BILLION MEDIUM TERM NOTE PROGRAMME Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* U.S. CONSUMER PRODUCT SAFETY COMMISSION SAYS LENOVO RECALLS THINKPAD LAPTOPS DUE TO FIRE HAZARD
HONG KONG Personal computer maker Lenovo Group said it would miss a target to turnaround its mobile business by March, after earlier posting a quarterly loss due to a one-off charge linked to tax reforms in the United States.
* Mobile business not expected to break even in the next quarter
HONG KONG Chinese personal computer maker Lenovo Group swung to a loss in the third quarter from a year-ago profit, hurt mainly by a one-off charge of $400 million resulting from a U.S. tax reform, and said the short-term outlook was challenging.
HONG KONG, Feb 1 Chinese personal computer maker Lenovo Group said on Thursday a turnaround for its mobile business was unlikely to happen by March, as previously targeted.
* Says U.S. tax cuts will "positively impact" future earnings
HONG KONG, Feb 1 Chinese personal computer maker Lenovo Group reported a quarterly loss of $289 million on Thursday against a $98 million profit a year earlier, due mainly to a one-off charge of $400 million resulting from U.S. tax reform.