Lenovo Group Ltd (0992.HK)
17 Nov 2017
HONG KONG Lenovo Group has agreed to buy a majority stake in Fujitsu Ltd's personal computer unit for up to $269 million, in a bid to corner a larger share of a market that is battling weak sales as more people switch to mobile devices.
* Says market conditions to remain challenging in short term (Adds CEO, analyst comments, updates share movement)
* Says it signs a strategic alliance with Lenovo Group Limited and Development Bank of Japan Inc, on Nov. 2, on PC business
* Proposed Joint Venture In Respect Of Fujitsu Client Computing Limited
* Q2 group profit attributable to equity holders of company of us$139 m
HONG KONG, Nov 2 Chinese personal computer maker Lenovo Group on Thursday reported an 11 percent profit drop in second-quarter profit, hurt by supply constraints and continued difficulty in the PC market.
TOKYO, Oct 31 Japan's Nikkei share average slipped on Tuesday, taking its cue from losses on Wall Street after a report that U.S. lawmakers are discussing more gradual corporate tax cuts rather than reducing it more aggressively.
* Company and Union Star Limited entered into subscription agreement
HONG KONG After ports and industrial parks, the dealmakers leading China's trillion-dollar push to build a modern Silk Road are turning to the financial sector, targeting Europe's banks, insurers and asset managers to tap funds and expertise.
LUXEMBOURG/BRUSSELS Europe's top judges dealt a rare blow to European Union antitrust regulators on Wednesday by sending their case against U.S. chipmaker Intel Corp back to court for an appeal. | Video