Asahi Group Holdings Ltd (2502.T)
SINGAPORE/LONDON Brewing groups including Thai Beverage , Anheuser-Busch InBev and Kirin Holdings are gearing up to bid for a stake in Vietnam's largest brewer, Sabeco , people familiar with the matter said, with the $5 billion sale process by the government opening this week.
HO CHI MINH CITY Vietnam will kick off next month the sale of a majority stake in Sabeco , the country's biggest brewer and maker of the Bia Saigon and 333 beer brands, in an ambitious deal the government hopes will rake in at least $5 billion.
* Sabeco's shares have tripled over the past year (Add AB Inbev comment)
SINGAPORE Vietnam's biggest brewer Sabeco has received a strong response from potential suitors at an investors' roadshow in Singapore, its chairman said, as the government moves closer to finalizing a stake sale in the $9 billion maker of Bia Saigon and 333 brews.
* Secures revenue-generating sales agreement with Asahi Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* Says it will sell 100 percent stake in LB Co.LTD, which is engaged in sale and manufacture of beverage, with undisclosed price, effective Nov. 30
* Asahi Group to sell soft drink unit LB for expected deal value of 20 billion yen and use proceeds to pay down debt & to invest in Europe and Asia Source (http://s.nikkei.com/2y7ScRP) Further company coverage:
TOKYO Japan's Asahi Group Holdings said on Thursday it is considering selling all or part of its 19.99 percent stake in Tsingtao Brewery Co Ltd, its latest divestment from China's beer industry as it seeks growth in Europe and other Asian markets.
TOKYO, Oct 12 Japan's Asahi Group Holdings said on Thursday it is considering selling all or part of its 19.99 percent stake in Tsingtao Brewery Co Ltd , its latest divestment from China's beer industry as it seeks growth in Europe and other Asian markets.
* Says its second biggest shareholder Japan's Asahi Group Holdings is studying the possibility to sell entire or partial stake in the company