Japan Tobacco Inc (2914.T)
11 Dec 2017
* GROUP'S MAXIMUM CREDIT EXPOSURE TO PALMER & HARVEY IS 148 MILLION POUNDS
* JAPAN TOBACCO INTERNATIONAL SAYS HAS "WORKED CONTINUOUSLY" TO FACILITATE A CONSTRUCTIVE SOLUTION TO PALMER & HARVEY'S CHALLENGES INCLUDING EXTENDING SIGNIFICANT FINANCIAL AND OPERATIONAL SUPPORT
TOKYO/LONDON Japan Tobacco Inc sparked takeover speculation on Tuesday by naming a new chief executive who wants the world's third-largest international tobacco maker to do more overseas acquisitions to offset falling cigarette sales at home.
* Imperial Brands up as much as 4 pct on deal talk (Adds context, bullet points; Changes headline)
TOKYO, Nov 21 Japan Tobacco Inc will seek acquisition opportunities overseas, said Masamichi Terabatake who is slated to become its CEO in January, to secure growth as the rise of vaping rivals snuffs out the company's cigarette sales at home.
TOKYO Japan Tobacco Inc said it expected a steeper decline in cigarette sales at home than previously estimated, after earlier reporting disappointing results, as more smokers quit or defect to "heat-not-burn" tobacco products.
* Local cigarette sales volume down 11.8 pct y/y over Jan-Sept
* cuts annual domestic cigarette sales forecast by 1 billion cigarettes to 92 billion Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Reporting by Taiga Uranaka)
TOKYO, Nov 1 Japan Tobacco Inc, the world's No.4 tobacco company, on Wednesday said its nine-month operating profit fell 5 percent, hurt by a sharp decline in domestic cigarette sales as more smokers shifted to vaping products.
* Says it fully acquired Indonesia-based Kretek tobacco firm PT. Karyadibya Mahardhika and PT. Surya Mustika Nusantara on Oct. 31