Hitachi Ltd (6501.T)
14 Dec 2017
* Two Hitachi projects could power over 10 mln homes (Recasts story with expectations of support deal, updates with comment)
* U.S. buyout fund KKR & Co LP has raised its offer price for unit Hitachi Kokusai Electric Inc to 3,132 yen a share from 2,900 yen, its second increase, according to a statement issued by Hitachi Kokusai
TOKYO, Nov 24 U.S. buyout fund KKR & Co has raised its offer price for Hitachi Kokusai Electric Inc to 3,132 yen a share from 2,900 yen, its second increase, according to a statement issued by Hitachi Kokusai.
* Says top shareholder, Hitachi Ltd will decrease voting power in the co to 4.6 percent(2.4 million shares) from 14.8 percent(7.8 million shares)
The following factors could affect Italian markets on Thursday.
MILAN, Oct 18 Japan's Hitachi is happy with its stake of just above 50 percent in Italian rail signalling group Ansaldo STS and is not planning any bid to increase it, the head of the Hitachi Rail unit said.
* Nikkei gains for 10 days, winning streak at longest since 2015
* SoftBank-controlled Sprint and T-Mobile plan to merge - Reuters
TOKYO U.S. hedge fund Elliott Management Corp has raised its stake in Japan's Hitachi Kokusai Electric to 8.59 percent from 7.11 percent, a regulatory filing showed, one of several such hikes since it first disclosed a stake in the firm last month.
* KKR is proposing to buy Hitachi Kokusai from parent Hitachi