Hitachi Ltd (6501.T)
TOKYO Renesas Electronics Corp said on Tuesday a state-backed fund and other shareholders would reduce their stakes in the Japanese chip maker, in a sale worth up to 295 billion yen ($2.8 billion) based on the prior day's closing price.
* Sale aimed at giving Renesas management greater freedom -NHK
BRIEF-UMC Electronics and Hitachi reach a basic agreement on collaboration for strengthening manufacturing
* Says it and Hitachi Ltd reached a basic agreement on collaboration for strengthening manufacturing in the IT product field
TOKYO Embattled liquid crystal display (LCD) maker Japan Display Inc said it would raise $518 million through a new share issue and an asset sale, in a stop-gap measure to shore up its finances as it struggles to find partners for a tie-up.
* Funds to be used for advanced LCD panel production (Recasts with announcement, background)
TOKYO, March 27 The Japanese government published a guidebook on Tuesday on how to conduct overseas M&As in a bid to reverse a recent trend of foreign acquisition flops by Japanese companies.
* GE HITACHI AND HOLTEC ANNOUNCE COOPERATION TO ACCELERATE COMMERCIALIZATION OF SMR-160 SMALL MODULAR REACTOR
* JV CO WILL BE CAPITALIZED AT 30 MILLION YEN Source text: (http://s.nikkei.com/2FxmGRh) Further company coverage:
* HITACHI VANTARA SAYS BRIAN HOUSEHOLDER HAS BEEN PROMOTED TO CEO AND SCOTT KELLY HAS BEEN PROMOTED TO CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
NEW YORK Investors looking to profit from excitement surrounding bitcoin technology will get a new opportunity this week.