Sharp Corp (6753.T)
23 May 2018
May 22 Britain's UDG Healthcare posted a weaker-than-expected first-half performance at its second-largest business, Sharp, on Tuesday and lowered its outlook for the division, sending its shares down more than 6 percent.
* Shares down 3.4 pct, paring Monday's gain (Adds analyst comments, shares)
* SHARP CORP FY OPERATING PROFIT SEEN RISING 50 PERCENT TO 95 BILLION YEN - NIKKEI
BRIEF-Tivo Corp - Sharp Signs License To Co's Global Innovations To Enable Custom Discovery Services
* TIVO CORP - SHARP SIGNS LICENSE TO CO'S GLOBAL INNOVATIONS TO ENABLE CUSTOM DISCOVERY SERVICES
Japanese electronics maker Sharp Corp has dropped legal action to block China's Hisense Group Co Ltd from selling TV sets in North America under Sharp's brand, which Hisense had licensed, the Nikkei business daily reported on Friday.
* Sharp had accused Hisense of putting name on low-quality TVs
Feb 23 Japanese electronics maker Sharp Corp would drop legal action blocking China's Hisense Group from selling television in North America, Nikkei reported on Friday.
BRIEF-Foxconn Interconnect Technology Says Two Units Entered Agreement With Sharp To Establish JV Co
* UNIT FIT SINGAPORE AND UNIT FOIT SINGAPORE ENTERED INTO JOINT VENTURE AGREEMENT WITH SHARP CORP TO ESTABLISH JV CO
TOKYO Japan's Sharp Corp, an Apple Inc supplier, reported on Wednesday its fifth consecutive quarterly net profit, boosted by gains in sales of its televisions.
* Keeps full-yr net profit forecast at 69 bln yen (Adds details of results, industry background)