Sharp Corp (6753.T)
15 Dec 2017
TOKYO Japan's Sharp Corp will ask the government to help it form an alliance with rival Japan Display Inc in OLED technology to better compete with South Korean makers, its chief executive said on Thursday.
* To contact the government for potential investment in JOLED
TOKYO, Dec 1 Japan's Nikkei share average rose for a third straight day on Friday, led by oil, steel and machinery stocks, while Sharp Corp soared after it announced a return to the bourse's main board.
* TOKYO STOCK EXCHANGE SAYS SHARP TO RETURN TO FIRST SECTION ON DEC 7 Further company coverage:
* Says co's shareholder SIO International Holdings Limited sells 5.4 million shares of the co to Daiwa PI Partners Co. Ltd on Nov. 13
* Says it will acquire 35,732 shares of Kantatsu Co., Ltd., for 1.01 billion yen in total, via exercise of warrants
TOKYO Japan's Sharp Corp reported its fourth consecutive quarter of net profit on Friday and lifted its annual forecast, as efforts to rebuild lost presence in the global electronics market began to pay off.
* Exec: TV sales strong in China, smartphone display demand solid (Adds executive comment, background)
* Says Shanghai-based firm withdrew a lawsuit against Nanjing-based unit NSEC and the previous news was disclosed on June 1
TOKYO, Oct 27 Japan's Sharp Corp reported its fourth consecutive quarter of net profit on Friday, as it gears up to rebuild lost presence in the global electronics market under Taiwanese owner Foxconn.