Hoya Corp (7741.T)
* Says it plans to retire 4 million shares (1.1 percent of outstanding) of its common stock on Nov. 6
TOKYO Japan's Toshiba Corp said on Thursday it had signed an $18 billion deal to sell its chip unit to a consortium led by Bain Capital LP, overcoming a key - albeit not its last - hurdle as it scrambles for funds to stave off a potential delisting. | Video
TOKYO Japan's Toshiba Corp said on Thursday it had signed an $18 billion deal to sell its chip unit to a consortium led by Bain Capital LP, overcoming a key - albeit not its last - hurdle as it scrambles for funds to stave off a potential delisting.
* News conference cancelled, members couldn't agree on briefing
* SK Hynix Inc.'s board approved a plan to invest in Toshiba Memory Corporation
SEOUL/TOKYO South Korea's SK Hynix Inc said on Wednesday its board had approved its participation in a Bain Capital-led consortium that plans to purchase Toshiba Corp's memory chip unit for 2 trillion yen ($17.7 billion).
* May take stake of no more than 15 pct of chip unit in future
BRUSSELS EU anti-trust regulators will meet Luxottica and Essilor this week to express concerns about their plan to merge into a 46 billion-euro ($55.12 billion) global eyewear powerhouse, a person familiar with the matter said on Monday.
* Says it completed acquisition of U.S.-based Performance Optics, LLC and the previous plan was disclosed on Oct. 12, 2016
(Adds company forecast) Jul 27 (Reuters)- Hoya Corp CONSOLIDATED FINANCIAL HIGHLIGHTS (in billions of yen unless specified) 3 months ended 3 months ended 6 months to Jun 30, 2017 Jun 30, 2016 Sep 30, 2017 LATEST YEAR-AGO COMPANY RESULTS RESULT FORECAST Sales 127.16 115.17 258.00 (+10.4 pct) (