Canon Inc (7751.T)
20 Feb 2018
TOKYO Japan's Canon Inc said it expects operating profit to surge in 2018 to its highest level in a decade, helped by cost cuts in its copier and printer business as well as growth in new fields such as medical equipment and surveillance cameras.
* Forecasts stronger yen this year (Adds forecasts for Canon's mainstay businesses)
TOKYO, Jan 30 Japan's Canon Inc said on Tuesday it expects operating profit to climb 27 percent in 2018, marking its second consecutive year of profit gains as its efforts to diversify away from copiers and cameras pay off.
* Rating and Investment Information, Inc. (R&I) affirmed the company's rating at "AA+"-R&I
* CANON TO SPEND UP TO 400 BILLION YEN ($3.53 BILLION) ON ACQUISITIONS OVER NEXT 3 YEARS - NIKKEI
* Canon unit sales seen at 9.5 million units for year ending december, up 8 percent on previous outlook - Nikkei Source text: (s.nikkei.com/2hGabNh) Further company coverage: (email@example.com)
* Canon plans to lift its regular dividend for fiscal 2018 by 10 yen per share over current-year projections to 160 yen - Nikkei
TOKYO Japan's Canon Inc hiked its annual profit forecast for the third time on Tuesday on the back of expanding demand for "business-to-business" products from surveillance cameras to organic light-emitting diode (OLED) screen production equipment.
* Weaker yen gives tailwind to Q3 results (Writes through; adds context, details of currency moves)
TOKYO, Oct 24 Japan's Canon Inc raised its annual operating profit forecast on Tuesday, its third upward revision this year, on the back of increased demand for organic light-emitting diode (OLED) screen production equipment and a weaker yen.