Sumitomo Corp (8053.T)
20 Mar 2018
BRUSSELS, March 5 The following are mergers under review by the European Commission and a brief guide to the EU merger process:
TOKYO, Feb 8 Japanese trading house Sumitomo Corp booked a 127 percent jump in April-December profit amid stronger metals prices and lifted its annual income outlook by 7 percent to a record thanks to expected gains from a U.S. corporate tax cut.
TOKYO, Feb 8 Sumitomo Corp said on Thursday it expects its Ambatovy nickel-cobalt project in Madagascar to run at about a 50 percent utilisation rate in the January-March quarter, rising to 80 percent from April.
BEIJING Chinese online retailer JD.com Inc has made an investment in Vietnamese e-commerce firm Tiki.vn, expanding its Southeast Asia business amid growing competition in the region from Alibaba Group Holding Ltd and Amazon.com Inc.
* JD.com co-leads investment in Tiki.vn with Vietnam's VNG Corp
* Japan's Sumitomo Corp on Thursday said it and partners Sherritt International Corp and Korea Resources Corp halted output at the Ambatovy nickel mine in Madagascar on Jan. 4, the day before Cyclone Ava hit the area
* ENTERS AGREEMENT WITH PING AN REAL ESTATE CO TO STRATEGICALLY COOPERATE IN INDUSTRY OF LONG-TERM RENTAL APARTMENTS
* Says 20 percent stake in Upsher-Smith Laboratories LLC, which was wholly owned by co's unit SAWAI AMERICA, LLC, has been transferred to SUMITOMO CORP's wholly owned US-based unit Sumitomo Corporation of Americas, on Jan. 3
NEW DELHI Japanese trader Sumitomo Corp and India's Jindal Steel and Power Ltd are among eight bidders competing for Indian Railways' first global tender to supply 487,000 tonnes of rails, a government official told Reuters.
* Says it plans to set up a joint venture in Shanghai, China, in January 2018, with Sumitomo Corp