Nomura Holdings Inc (8604.T)
* Says it receives notice from Nomura Securities Co., Ltd., confirming subscription of 381,000 new shares for 888.2 million yen in total (2,331.16 yen per share) via private placement
(The following statement was released by the rating agency) BANGKOK, December 07 (Fitch) Fitch Ratings has upgraded the National Long-Term Rating of Capital Nomura Securities Public Company Limited (CNS) to 'AA(tha)' from 'AA-(tha)'. The Rating Outlook is Stable. A full list of rating actions is at the end of this commentary. The upgrade follows Fitch's assessment that there has been an improvement in the credit profile of CNS' parent Nomura Holdings, Inc. (A-/Stable/bbb+) relative to other enti
TOKYO Nomura Holdings Inc is returning to private equity - a move that comes as it seeks more stable income through consulting services and as Japanese firms increasingly look to divest non-core businesses as part of restructuring plans.
* Buyout opportunities growing in Japan as firms restructure (Adds plan details, market comment)
* Says co plans to start principal business (the new business)and co will primarily provide equity to clients as a solution for business reorganizations and revitalizations, business succession as well as management buyouts under the new business
* Says it plans to retire 179 million shares (4.7 percent of outstanding) of its common stock on Dec. 18
TOKYO, Nov 29 Nomura Holdings Inc said on Wednesday it would start a new private equity business, aimed at restructurings, successions and management buyouts.
* Says it will issue 31,090 new units through public offering and 2,400 new units through private placement to Nomura Securities Co., Ltd.
TOKYO Skylark Co on Tuesday said Bain Capital would sell its 15-percent stake in the Japanese restaurant chain in the market, ending a six-year relationship between the firms.
TOKYO, Nov 21 Skylark Co on Tuesday said Bain Capital would sell its 15-percent stake in the Japanese restaurant chain in the market, ending a six-year relationship between the firms.