Monex Group Inc (8698.T)
TOKYO, May 7 Japan's Nikkei share average ended flat in choppy trade on Monday as hopes that the central bank would buy exchange-traded funds offset weakness in financials which were hit by falling U.S. yields.
TOKYO Japan's cryptocurrency exchanges should be regulated more like banks as they hold investors' assets while offering trading platforms, the chief executive of online brokerage Monex Group Inc said.
* Most exchanges hold investor assets and offer trading platform
* Says it completes acquisition of Coincheck Inc, on April 16
TOKYO Japanese online brokerage firm Monex Group Inc will buy Coincheck Inc, the exchange at the center of a $530 million digital money heist, for 3.6 billion yen ($33.6 million), the latest move by a mainstream finance firm into the cryptocurrency market.
* Watchdog raps three more exchanges over lapses (Adds context, Monex CEO comment, regulator punishing other exchanges)
* MONEX CEO SAYS AIMING FOR COINCHECK TO RESUME ALL SERVICES AND GAIN REGISTRATION IN AROUND 2 MONTHS
* Says it plans to acquire 100 percent voting power in Coincheck Inc, for 3.6 billion yen
TOKYO Japanese online brokerage firm Monex Group Inc said on Tuesday it was considering buying Coincheck Inc, the cryptocurrency exchange hit by a high-profile $530 million theft of digital money earlier this year.
* Coincheck CEO to be replaced, reports Nikkei (Writes through, adds details of Coincheck business, industry context)