Japan Airlines Co Ltd (9201.T)
22 May 2018
TOKYO Japan Airlines Co Ltd (JAL) is launching a low-cost carrier offering medium to long-haul flights, aiming to tap growing Asian demand for budget air travel.
* JAL will accept investors in new carrier (Adds quotes from analyst and Jetstar Japan)
* JAL operating profit up 2.5 pct, FY19 forecast down 4.3 pct
* Q3 operating profit around 46.2 bln yen - Reuters calculation
TOKYO, Jan 31 Japan Airlines Co (JAL) posted a 5.8 percent rise in operating profit in the nine months to December, citing buoyant demand from inbound and outbound travellers.
* JAPAN AIRLINES LIKELY TO LOG 5% RISE IN OPERATING PROFIT TO AROUND 145 BILLION YEN ON SALES OF 1.04 TRILLION YEN, UP 6% IN APRIL-DECEMBER PERIOD - NIKKEI Source text : [http://s.nikkei.com/2DUJeyf] Further company coverage:
* Faces tough competition from domestic rival ANA (Adds comments from Ukei and analyst)
TOKYO, Jan 24 Japan Airlines Co (JAL) said on Wednesday that President Yoshiharu Ueki, who helped lead the company's recovery from bankruptcy, will be replaced by managing executive officer Yuji Akasaka in April.
Denver-based startup Boom Supersonic has won a $10 million investment from Japan Airlines Co Ltd in its push to build a supersonic passenger aircraft it claims will be faster, quieter and more affordable to fly than the Concorde.
Dec 5 Denver-based startup Boom Supersonic has won a $10 million investment from Japan Airlines Co Ltd in its push to build a supersonic passenger aircraft it claims will be faster, quieter and more affordable to fly than the Concorde.