Chubu Electric Power Co Inc (9502.T)
20 Apr 2018
* JERA Co, the world's biggest liquefied natural gas (LNG) buyer, says it has lowered the net profit outlook for fuel sales and overseas power generation by 80 billion yen to 140 billion yen ($1.33 billion)
* Chubu Electric Power Co announced on Tuesday it would pay 335 billion yen ($3.13 billion) as a capital contribution to fuel venture JERA Co to maintain its equal relationship with Tokyo Electric Power Co (Tepco)
* Japan's Osaka Gas sees no major impact on LNG procurement from the shutdown of ExxonMobil Corp's liquefied natural gas (LNG) plant in Papua New Guinea following a powerful earthquake in the country's remote highlands, company president Takehiro Honjo said on Tuesday
MELBOURNE A consortium including Japan's JERA and Marubeni Corp is aiming to ship liquefied natural gas (LNG) to Australia's east coast, looking to supply industrial gas users and possibly a new power plant, the group said on Monday.
* Chubu Electric Power Co to pay around 350 billion yen ($3.29 billion) as a capital contribution to its JERA fuel joint venture with Tokyo Electric Power Co Holdings (Tepco), the Nikkei business daily said on Friday
* Deal would give JERA access to 15 LNG terminals in Europe (Adds details)
* JERA says has signed basic agreement with trading arm of French state-controlled utility EDF to integrate the French firm's LNG business in JERA's trading venture with EDF
TOKYO The top executive of Petroliam Nasional Berhad [PETR.UL], or Petronas, said the Malaysian state energy firm "will observe" a ruling by Japanese regulators that sellers of liquefied natural gas (LNG) should not force restrictions on reselling LNG cargoes, the Nikkei business daily said on Wednesday.
* Petronas CEO implies higher prices for destination flexibility