Apple Inc (AAPL.OQ)
11 Dec 2018
FRANKFURT Apple has launched its mobile payments service in Germany, four years after its start in the United States and trailing Google, which started its payments app in the country in June.
FRANKFURT, Dec 11 Apple has launched its mobile payments service in Germany, four years after its start in the United States and trailing Google, which started its payments app in the country in June.
SAN FRANCISCO/SHANGHAI A Chinese court has ordered a sales ban of some older Apple Inc iPhone models in China for violating two patents of chipmaker Qualcomm Inc, though intellectual property lawyers said enforcement of the ban was likely still a distant threat. | Video
* Lawyers said enforcement unlikely to be immediate (Adds comments from IP lawyers, bullets)
BRUSSELS EU regulators looked into Apple's mobile payment service and found it was not market dominant but they could review it again if they receive formal complaints, Europe's antitrust chief said on Monday.
* Oil surrenders some OPEC gains as stock markets soften (Updates with close of European markets)
* Banks lead financials lower as Brexit worry hits bond yields
SAN FRANCISCO Deep losses in Amazon Inc, Apple Inc, Facebook Inc and Alphabet Inc have left the former tech favorites at their lowest earnings multiples in years, offering potential bargains to cold-blooded investors looking to buy stocks at a time of heightened fear.
* Dow down 0.61 pct, S&P down 0.45 pct, Nasdaq up 0.16 pct (Updates to open)
* EU antitrust chief says local search services very important