Abbott Laboratories (ABT)
16 Feb 2018
* ABBOTT SETS QUARTERLY DIVIDEND OF $0.28PER SHARE Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
LONDON/NEW YORK/FRANKFURT Johnson & Johnson has pulled out of the race to buy Pfizer's consumer health business, leaving GlaxoSmithKline and Reckitt Benckiser among those preparing bids, according to sources familiar with the matter.
Jan 24 The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals were reported by 2030 GMT on Wednesday:
Abbott Laboratories said on Wednesday it was not looking at acquisitions this year as the healthcare company looks to ease its debt burden after a spree of deals last year.
* Successful integration of recent deals an "execution story"- analyst
* SEES Q1 2018 ADJUSTED EARNINGS PER SHARE $0.57 TO $0.59 FROM CONTINUING OPERATIONS EXCLUDING ITEMS
Jan 24 Abbott Laboratories reported fourth-quarter loss on Wednesday compared with a year-ago profit, as the diversified healthcare company took a $1.4 billion charge due to the recent U.S. tax overhaul. It posted a net loss of $828 million, or 48 cents per share, in the quarter ended Dec. 31 compared with a profit of $798 million, or 53 cents per share, a year earlier.
* Abbott Laboratories is expected to show a rise in quarterly revenue when it reports results on January 24.
* SAYS HAS SIGNED AN EXCLUSIVE AGREEMENT WITH ABBOTT FOR RIGHTS TO COMMERCIALIZE BIOGAIA PROTECTIS TABS IN CHINA
Abbott Laboratories said on Thursday its newly launched glucose monitoring device would be covered by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, expanding its usage to millions of diabetes patients in the United States.
|Johnson & Johnson (JNJ.N)||$133.15||+1.92|
|Pfizer Inc. (PFE.N)||$36.26||+0.55|
|Novartis AG (NOVN.S)||CHF79.68||-1.12|
|Merck & Co., Inc. (MRK.N)||$56.29||+0.30|
|Sanofi SA (SASY.PA)||€64.30||-0.20|
|AstraZeneca plc (AZN.L)||4,712.50||-27.00|
|GlaxoSmithKline plc (GSK.L)||1,308.60||-10.00|
|Eli Lilly and Co (LLY.N)||$78.97||+0.95|
|Amgen, Inc. (AMGN.OQ)||$183.55||-0.05|
|Boston Scientific Corporation (BSX.N)||$27.20||+0.11|