Air New Zealand Ltd (AIR.NZ)
13 Dec 2017
Air New Zealand Ltd became the latest airline to suffer from problems with Rolls-Royce Trent 1000 engines, saying on Thursday that "two recent events" had prompted it to cancel or delay some flights over the coming weeks.
* Says Rolls-Royce doesn't have spare engines available (Adds details, statements from British Airways and Virgin Atlantic)
* AS A RESULT OF RECENT ROLLS ROYCE ENGINE EVENTS ON BOEING 787-9 THERE WILL BE LIMITED INTERNATIONAL FLIGHT CANCELLATIONS AND DELAYS
Dec 7 Air New Zealand Ltd on Thursday said it would cancel and delay some international flights over the coming weeks because engines on its Boeing Co 787-9 jets manufactured by Rolls-Royce Holdings PLC required early maintenance.
NEW YORK Air New Zealand said on Wednesday it has teamed up with Swiss travel start-up Winding Tree to explore applications based on blockchain technology that could help the national flag carrier of New Zealand improve the efficiency and security of services such as booking and baggage tracking.
NEW YORK, Nov 22 Air New Zealand said on Wednesday it has teamed up with Swiss travel start-up Winding Tree to explore applications based on blockchain technology that could help the national flag carrier of New Zealand improve the efficiency and security of services such as booking and baggage tracking.
* Pratt & Whitney Canada says signed an agreement with New Zealand's national airline to deliver an engine service and support program
* Government hopes failure quickly rectified (Recasts on defence force, adds energy minister comment)
* Annaul pretax profit down 21 pct, in line with expectations
Aug 23 Air New Zealand Ltd said on Wednesday its core annual profit slipped 21 percent from the previous year as fierce competition in the sector lowered fares, although it was still at the second-highest level due to a boom in tourism in the country.