WASHINGTON, Aug 20 U.S. regulators have approved Canada-based Alimentation Couche Tard Inc’s bid to sell two retail fuel stations in Minnesota, the U.S. Federal Trade Commission said in a statement on Monday.
NEW YORK The Trump administration's Environmental Protection Agency has consistently ignored recommendations from the Department of Energy to reject or limit waivers to oil refiners seeking exemptions from nation's biofuels law, according to five sources familiar with the matter.
The Trump administration will scale back the use of biofuels waivers for small refineries and count ethanol exports toward federal biofuels usage quotas as part of a broad overhaul of the nation's renewable fuel policy, a source briefed on the plans said on Friday.
* Q1 EARNINGS PER SHARE VIEW $0.58 -- THOMSON REUTERS I/B/E/S
Marathon Petroleum Corp agreed to buy rival Andeavor for more than $23 billion in a deal creating one of the largest global refiners that will benefit from access to booming U.S. shale fields and growing U.S. fuel export markets. | Video
* Andeavor assets include pipelines, logistics in Texas's Permian
* Easing of tensions between North and South Korea buoys sentiment
* MARATHON PETROLEUM CORP PLANS TO LEVERAGE SPEEDWAY'S RETAIL PRESENCE ACROSS THE COUNTRY TO HELP PROFITABILITY - CONF CALL
* Marathon paying $152/share to create biggest independent refiner
April 30 U.S. oil refiner Marathon Petroleum Corp's first-quarter profit jumped 23 percent, led by higher refining and marketing margins.