18 Jun 2018
The Trump administration will scale back the use of biofuels waivers for small refineries and count ethanol exports toward federal biofuels usage quotas as part of a broad overhaul of the nation's renewable fuel policy, a source briefed on the plans said on Friday.
* Q1 EARNINGS PER SHARE VIEW $0.58 -- THOMSON REUTERS I/B/E/S
Marathon Petroleum Corp agreed to buy rival Andeavor for more than $23 billion in a deal creating one of the largest global refiners that will benefit from access to booming U.S. shale fields and growing U.S. fuel export markets. | Video
* Andeavor assets include pipelines, logistics in Texas's Permian
* Easing of tensions between North and South Korea buoys sentiment
* MARATHON PETROLEUM CORP PLANS TO LEVERAGE SPEEDWAY'S RETAIL PRESENCE ACROSS THE COUNTRY TO HELP PROFITABILITY - CONF CALL
* Marathon paying $152/share to create biggest independent refiner
April 30 U.S. oil refiner Marathon Petroleum Corp's first-quarter profit jumped 23 percent, led by higher refining and marketing margins.
April 30 U.S. oil refiner Marathon Petroleum Corp, which has agreed to buy rival Andeavor, reported an increase in first-quarter profit, helped by higher refining and marketing margins.
BRIEF-Marathon Petroleum Says If Deal Is Terminated Andeavor Pay Co A Termination Fee Of $600 Mln In Cash
* MARATHON PETROLEUM SAYS IF DEAL IS TERMINATED UNDER CERTAIN CONDITIONS, ANDEAVOR WILL BE OBLIGATED TO PAY CO A TERMINATION FEE OF $600 MILLION IN CASH