Broadcom Inc (AVGO.O)
19 Jun 2019
LONDON/BENGALURU Broadcom Inc sent a shockwave through the global chipmaking industry on Friday with its forecast that U.S.-China trade tensions and the ban on doing business with Huawei Technologies would knock $2 billion off the company's sales this year. | Video
LONDON/BENGALURU, June 14 Broadcom Inc sent a shockwave through the global chipmaking industry on Friday with its forecast that U.S.-China trade tensions and the ban on doing business with Huawei Technologies would knock $2 billion off the company's sales this year.
* Indexes: Dow up 0.1%, S&P flat, Nasdaq down 0.8% (Updates to late afternoon)
* Indexes down: Dow 0.14%, S&P 0.25%, Nasdaq 0.54% (Updates to early afternoon)
Trade-sensitive technology stocks led losses in European markets on Friday after U.S. chipmaker Broadcom's sales warning and disappointing industrial data out of China came as the clearest signs yet of the damage trade war may do to global growth. | Video
* Indexes down: Dow 0.16%, S&P 0.24%, Nasdaq 0.53% (Updates prices, comments)
Global technology companies are cutting ties with China's Huawei Technologies Co Ltd after the U.S. government put the world's largest telecom equipment maker on a trade blacklist, citing national security concerns.
* Indexes down: Dow 0.38%, S&P 0.37%, Nasdaq 0.64% (Updates to open)
* Futures down: Dow 0.13%, S&P 0.22%, Nasdaq 0.70% (Updates prices, adds comments)
June 14 U.S. stock index futures dropped on Friday, as the long-feared hit to global growth from President Trump's trade war crystalised in slashed sales forecasts from chipmaker Broadcom, and signs of the worst slowdown in Chinese industry in 17 years.