Axalta Coating Systems Ltd (AXTA.N)
17 Jan 2018
* AXALTA COATING SYSTEMS LTD SEES PRELIMINARY 2018 CAPEX OF ABOUT $160 MILLION
* AXALTA COATING SYSTEMS LTD - ANNOUNCED DISCUSSIONS REGARDING IT BEING ACQUIRED BY NIPPON PAINT HAVE ENDED
* NIPPON PAINT HOLDINGS WOULD LIKELY SPEND MORE THAN 1 TRILLION YEN ($8.91 BILLION) TO MAKE AXALTA COATING SYSTEMS A WHOLLY OWNED SUBSIDIARY - NIKKEI Source text: (http://s.nikkei.com/2j52DRn) Further company coverage:
MILAN European shares slipped after two days of gains on Wednesday, led by the DAX , which was hit by a bounce in the euro as well as deadlock in attempts to form a new German government.
* SSP soars to record high after result, special div (Recasts, add details, closing prices)
NEW YORK/AMSTERDAM Nippon Paint Holdings Co Ltd made an all-cash offer on Tuesday to acquire U.S. coatings company Axalta Coating Systems Ltd, two people familiar with the matter said, ending merger talks between Axalta and Dutch peer Akzo Nobel. | Video
* CONFIRMED THAT IT IS ENGAGED IN DISCUSSIONS WITH NIPPON PAINT REGARDING A POTENTIAL ACQUISITION OF AXALTA Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
LONDON, Nov 22 European shares opened slightly higher on Wednesday, losing some of the momentum that pushed stocks in Asia and on Wall Street to new highs overnight on continued faith in synchronised economic growth around the world.
* Nippon Paint shares down 4.5 pct prior to suspension (Adds Nippon Paint's official confirmation)
HONG KONG (Reuters Breakingviews) - Nippon Paint’s run at Axalta looks less than brilliant. The $11 billion Japanese company has lobbed in a cash bid for its U.S. rival, according to Reuters, killing the target’s merger talks with Akzo Nobel of the Netherlands. A deal valued at some $12 billion including debt, even assuming hefty savings, would destroy value. Fulfilling global ambitions may be costly.