Alibaba Group Holding Ltd (BABA.K)
20 Apr 2018
SHANGHAI E-commerce titan Alibaba Group Holding Ltd has bought a Chinese microchip maker to further its cloud-based "internet of things" (IoT) business, underscoring its commitment to the chip industry, an Alibaba spokeswoman said on Friday.
* Deal comes as tech self-sufficiency becomes hot topic in China (Adds source comments, context)
SHANGHAI, April 20 Chinese e-commerce firm Alibaba Group Holding Ltd has acquired Chinese chip maker Hangzhou C-SKY Microsystems to underpin its cloud-based "internet of things" (IoT) business, an Alibaba spokeswoman said on Friday.
BANGKOK Alibaba is investing $320 million in Thailand as the e-commerce giant aims to tap Chinese consumers' appetite for the Southeast nation's agricultural goods and for its tourism market amid growing competition from rivals.
BANGKOK, April 19 Alibaba is investing $320 million in Thailand as the e-commerce giant aims to tap Chinese consumers' appetite for the Southeast nation's agricultural goods and for its tourism market amid growing competition from rivals.
MADRID Chinese e-commerce company JD.com made a pitch on Wednesday to attract more European luxury brands to its site, saying it could offer faster delivery and better protection against fakes than bigger rival Alibaba Group Holding.
BRIEF-Thai Government Says Alibaba Group To Invest More Than 10 Billion Baht In 'Digital Hub' In Eastern Economic Corridor
* THAI GOVERNMENT SAYS ALIBABA GROUP TO INVEST MORE THAN 10 BILLION BAHT ($320.31 million) IN 'DIGITAL HUB' IN EASTERN ECONOMIC CORRIDOR Further company coverage: ($1 = 31.2200 baht) (Reporting by Chayut Setboonsarng)
* ALIBABA-BACKED PRENETICS ACQUIRES UK-BASED DNAFIT, A GLOBAL LEADER IN CONSUMER GENETIC TESTING
BRIEF-KBS Fashion Announces Signing Of Cooperative Agreement To Open Amazon And Alibaba Express Online Stores
* KBS FASHION GROUP LIMITED ANNOUNCES SIGNING OF COOPERATIVE AGREEMENT TO OPEN AMAZON AND ALIBABA EXPRESS ONLINE STORES
* SAYS IT SIGNS FRAMEWORK AGREEMENT WITH ALIBABA'S CLOUD-COMPUTING SUBSIDIARY ALIYUN ON SMART CITY RELATED PROJECT IN WUHAN CITY Source text in Chinese: https://bit.ly/2qIVgT1 Further company coverage: (Reporting by Hong Kong newsroom)