* SOTHEBY'S CEO THOMAS S. SMITH, JR'S TOTAL COMPENSATION FOR 2017 WAS $8.2 MILLION VERSUS $6 MILLION IN 2016 - SEC FILING Source text: (http://bit.ly/2HS9iIU) Further company coverage:
* SOTHEBY’S REPORTS 2017 FULL YEAR AND FOURTH QUARTER FINANCIAL RESULTS
LONDON A flawless diamond, the size of a large strawberry, is expected to fetch a world record price when it comes to market at Sotheby's in London this month.
LONDON, Feb 8 A flawless diamond, the size of a large strawberry, is expected to fetch a world record price when it comes to market at Sotheby's in London this month.
* SOTHEBY'S - ACQUISITION OF THREAD GENIUS, A STARTUP SPECIALIZING IN TASTE-BASED IMAGE RECOGNITION AND RECOMMENDATION TECHNOLOGIES
* CONCLUDED 2017 AUCTIONS THIS WEEK, REACHING AN ANNUAL SALES TOTAL OF $4.7 BILLION THAT REPRESENTS A 13.1% INCREASE OVER 2016 RESULTS Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* SOTHEBY'S - PRICING OF $400 MILLION OF ITS SENIOR UNSECURED NOTES DUE 2025 THROUGH AN OFFERING TO QUALIFIED INSTITUTIONAL BUYERS
* SOTHEBY’S ANNOUNCES PROPOSED OFFERING OF $400 MILLION OF SENIOR NOTES DUE 2025
GENEVA A large pink diamond, rare for its color and clarity, was among several major jewels that failed to sell on Wednesday at Sotheby's auction in Geneva. | Video
* Laurence Graff buys diamond earrings, emerald necklace (Adds Sotheby's statement, names Graff as buyer in paragraphs 8 and 10)