Bristol-Myers Squibb Co (BMY.N)
16 Jul 2018
The following factors could affect Italian markets on Friday.
LONDON U.S. pharmaceuticals giant Bristol-Myers Squibb has hired two banks to find a buyer for its French over-the-counter (OTC) drugs business, which could be valued at more than 1 billion euros in a potential deal, sources familiar with the matter told Reuters.
* Commodity stocks lead losses, banks rise as CBA extends gains
Product liability defense lawyers expect the U.S. Supreme Court to eventually look at making explicit that the restrictions it placed on where plaintiffs can bring injury claims in Bristol-Myers Squibb v. Superior Court of California also apply to class actions.
NEW YORK Wall Street's three major indexes rose on Monday, led by a rally in tech stocks, pushing the Nasdaq to a record closing high as investors bet on a continuation of strong economic growth, while falling oil prices weighed on the energy sector. | Video
* Indexes gain: Dow 0.72 pct, S&P 0.45 pct, Nasdaq 0.69 pct (Updates to close, adds commentary)
* Indexes gain: Dow 0.66 pct, S&P 0.41 pct, Nasdaq 0.57 pct (Updates to late afternoon, adds commentary, changes byline, adds New York dateline)
* Indexes gain: Dow 0.76 pct, S&P 0.42 pct, Nasdaq 0.59 pct (Changes comment, adds details, updates prices)
* Indexes gain: Dow 0.73 pct, S&P 0.27 pct, Nasdaq 0.28 pct (Changes comment, adds details, updates prices)
Chicago, June 3 Mixed results over the weekend from closely watched studies combining Bristol-Myers Squibb Co's cancer immunotherapy with Nektar Therapeutics experimental drug NKTR-214, led at least one Wall Street analyst to reassess expectations.
|Johnson & Johnson (JNJ.N)||$124.69||-1.24|
|Pfizer Inc. (PFE.N)||$37.38||-0.15|
|Merck & Co., Inc. (MRK.N)||$62.59||-0.30|
|Sanofi SA (SASY.PA)||€70.95||-0.71|
|AstraZeneca plc (AZN.L)||5,490.00||+23.00|
|GlaxoSmithKline plc (GSK.L)||1,556.80||-1.40|
|Eli Lilly And Co (LLY.N)||$89.07||-0.64|
|Roche Holding Ltd. (ROG.S)||CHF229.95||-2.30|
|Roche Holding Ltd. (RO.S)||CHF234.20||-2.40|