Booker Group PLC (BOK.L)
19 Jan 2018
* Q3 GROUP NON TOBACCO SALES ROSE BY 5.9% WITH NON TOBACCO LIKE-FOR-LIKES UP 6.2%
LONDON Tesco , Britain's largest retailer, tightened its hold on the nation's food market on Wednesday when the competition regulator gave final approval for its 3.7 billion pound ($4.95 billion) takeover of wholesaler Booker .
* Shares in both companies rise (Adds detail, analyst comment, updates shares)
* WELCOMES ANNOUNCEMENT FROM CMA THAT IT HAS GIVEN UNCONDITIONAL CLEARANCE OF OUR MERGER WITH BOOKER GROUP PLC
LONDON Tesco won provisional approval for its 3.7 billion pound ($4.9 billion) takeover of wholesaler Booker from the UK competition regulator on Tuesday, moving Britain's biggest retailer closer to securing a new avenue of growth.
* Tesco, Booker shares up 7 pct (Adds detail, analyst comment, updates shares)
LONDON, Oct 12 British wholesaler Booker said on Thursday it expected its 3.7 billion pound ($4.9 billion) takeover by Tesco to complete early next year, as it reported a 9 percent rise in first-half profit.
LONDON, Oct 12 Booker, the British wholesaler that has agreed to a 3.7 billion pound ($4.9 billion) takeover by Tesco, on Thursday reported a 9 percent rise in first half profit, driven by progress in both catering and retail.
* Q2 GROUP SALES ROSE BY 1.1 PCT ON SAME PERIOD LAST YEAR WITH NON TOBACCO SALES UP 5.8 PCT
Sept 14 British wholesaler Booker Group, which has agreed a 3.7 billion pound ($4.89 billion) takeover by Tesco, said its second-quarter like-for-like sales rose 1.3 percent helped by strength in catering and retail supply.