Hugo Boss AG (BOSSn.DE)
ROUSSE, Bulgaria/PRAGUE Miglena Hristova's factory near the Danube is among a growing number in southeastern Europe positioning themselves to help top brands adjust to faster fashion cycles. | Video
* Southeast Europe targets luxury amid competition at lower end
FRANKFURT, May 3 The following are some of the factors that may move German stocks on Thursday:
BERLIN German fashion house Hugo Boss reported strong quarterly sales growth in China and the United States on Wednesday but saw a decline in its home market and for its Hugo brand that it is updating for younger consumers. | Video
* Shares flat after initial dip (Adds CEO comments from conference call)
* HUGO BOSS CEO SAYS DOES NOT SEE SHORT-TERM IMPACT ON CHINESE BUSINESS FROM ESCALATING US-CHINA TRADE TENSIONS
BERLIN, May 2 German fashion house Hugo Boss reported that first-quarter sales rose by a currency-adjusted 5 percent, powered by strong growth in China and the Americas, while operating profit increased slightly, allowing it to confirm its 2018 outlook.
METZINGEN, Germany German fashion house Hugo Boss expects heavy investment on integrating its websites and stores to keep a lid on profit growth in 2018 even as a shift to add more casual styles helps sales to accelerate.
* Shares down 4.4 percent (Adds comments from news conference)
* HUGO BOSS CEO SAYS EXPECTS IMPROVEMENT IN OPERATING PROFIT IN 2019