Cardinal Health Inc (CAH)
17 Nov 2017
* Cardinal Health put business up for sale due to rule changes
Nov 15 State-owned Shanghai Pharmaceuticals Holding Co has agreed to acquire Cardinal Health Inc's China business, one of the nation's largest drug distributors, for $557 million.
* Cardinal health signs definitive agreement to sell its china business to Shanghai Pharma
* Cardinal Health - based on preliminary results of shareholder voting at co's annual meeting, shareholders re-elected all 11 members to board Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
U.S. drug distributor Cardinal Health Inc's quarterly revenue fell short of analysts' forecasts, as prices for generic drugs remained stubbornly low, sending the company's shares down to a four-year low on Monday.
Nov 6 U.S. drug distributor Cardinal Health Inc on Monday named its chief financial officer as its next CEO, and reported a lower-than-expected quarterly revenue as it deals with stubbornly low prices for generic drugs.
* Cardinal Health Inc - Jorge Gomez, CFO of Cardinal Health's medical segment, to succeed Kaufmann as chief financial officer
Nov 6 U.S. drug distributor Cardinal Health's quarterly profit fell nearly 63 percent, hurt by restructuring costs related to an agreement to directly distribute surgeon gloves in some markets.
* Cardinal Health Inc reports first-quarter results for fiscal year 2018
BOSTON U.S. shareholder activists are addressing a soaring death toll from opioid drug abuse, asking companies that make and distribute the painkillers to review the risks their businesses could face from their role in the sector.