Commerzbank AG (CBKG.DE)
11 Dec 2017
* SAYS IT AND HSBC TRANSACTION SERVICES GMBH AGREE STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIP FOR SECURITIES SETTLEMENT
* HAS NOW SUCCESSFULLY CONCLUDED NEGOTIATIONS WITH EMPLOYEE REPRESENTATIVES IN GERMANY
FRANKFURT BNP Paribas Chairman Jean Lemierre on Friday damped down speculation that France's biggest bank is interested in a tie-up with Germany's Commerzbank .
* Cerberus has sparked talk of German bank mergers (Adds Cryan comments on banking consolidation)
FRANKFURT Germany's Commerzbank has become the target of a tax evasion probe in which several current and former managers are suspected of evading 40 million euros ($47 million) in taxes via so-called dividend stripping.
* Commerzbank says has identified cum-ex trades in past (Adds details, background, further Commerzbank statement)
* CFO declines to comment on takeover speculation, saying only that the bank is focusing on long-term profitability Further company coverage:
* Says sticking with guidance that there will be no dividend for 2017 Further company coverage:
* Bank still sees a "slightly positive" net profit for 2017 (Adds detail and background)
FRANKFURT, Nov 9 Commerzbank swung to a net profit in the third quarter despite weak markets as the German lender focuses on a major overhaul.