Commerzbank AG (CBKG.DE)
17 Nov 2017
FRANKFURT BNP Paribas Chairman Jean Lemierre on Friday damped down speculation that France's biggest bank is interested in a tie-up with Germany's Commerzbank .
* Cerberus has sparked talk of German bank mergers (Adds Cryan comments on banking consolidation)
FRANKFURT Germany's Commerzbank has become the target of a tax evasion probe in which several current and former managers are suspected of evading 40 million euros ($47 million) in taxes via so-called dividend stripping.
* Commerzbank says has identified cum-ex trades in past (Adds details, background, further Commerzbank statement)
* CFO declines to comment on takeover speculation, saying only that the bank is focusing on long-term profitability Further company coverage:
* Says sticking with guidance that there will be no dividend for 2017 Further company coverage:
* Bank still sees a "slightly positive" net profit for 2017 (Adds detail and background)
FRANKFURT, Nov 9 Commerzbank swung to a net profit in the third quarter despite weak markets as the German lender focuses on a major overhaul.
LONDON Shares of Apple suppliers were boosted by robust results from chipmaker AMS on Tuesday, but European shares were mixed as investors awaited the European Central Bank meeting later this week.
MUNICH/FRANKFURT Commerzbank is working with two investment banks to prepare itself for the event of a takeover bid from a European rival, several people close to the matter said.