Celgene Corp (CELG.OQ)
Celgene Corp on Thursday posted better-than-expected second quarter profit, powered by a 21 percent jump in sales of its blockbuster cancer drug Revlimid, and the U.S. biotech promised to limit future price increases on its medicines. The company joined several rivals in bowing to pressure from the administration of U.S. President Donald Trump to rein in rising costs of prescription drugs to U.S. patients.
* Revlimid sales beat Wall Street estimates (Adds company, analyst comment, background, share movement)
July 26 U.S. drugmaker Celgene Corp reported a 5 percent drop in quarterly profit on Thursday, hurt by higher expenses.
BRIEF-Celgene Corp Says Phase III Impassion130 Study Met Co-Primary Endpoint Of Progression-Free Survival
* ANTI-PD-L1 IMMUNOTHERAPY PLUS ABRAXANE® SIGNIFICANTLY REDUCED THE RISK OF DISEASE WORSENING OR DEATH IN PATIENTS WITH METASTATIC OR LOCALLY ADVANCED TRIPLE NEGATIVE BREAST CANCER IN PHASE III IMPASSION130 STUDY
* DGAP-ADHOC: EVOTEC AND CELGENE ENTER INTO STRATEGIC ONCOLOGY PARTNERSHIP
Celgene Corp reported much-needed, stronger-than-expected first quarter results as profit and sales of several drugs exceeded Wall Street forecasts, and the U.S. biotechnology company said it would re-apply for approval of an important multiple sclerosis treatment in early 2019.
May 4 Celgene Corp reported much-needed, stronger-than-expected first quarter results as profit and sales of several drugs exceeded Wall Street forecasts, and the U.S. biotechnology company said it would re-apply for approval of an important multiple sclerosis treatment in early 2019.
* To resubmit ozanimod marketing application earlier than expected
* CELGENE REPORTS FIRST QUARTER 2018 OPERATING AND FINANCIAL RESULTS
May 4 Celgene Corp's quarterly profit fell about 9 percent despite the U.S. biotech reporting higher revenue, as its expenses surged.
|Takeda Pharmaceutical Co Ltd (4502.T)||¥4,576||-37.00|
|Eisai Co., Ltd (4523.T)||¥9,595||-140.00|
|Johnson & Johnson (JNJ.N)||$132.48||+2.05|
|Novartis AG (NOVN.S)||CHF81.72||+0.86|
|Pfizer Inc. (PFE.N)||$41.42||+0.26|
|Roche Holding Ltd. (ROG.S)||CHF239.20||+1.95|
|Roche Holding Ltd. (RO.S)||CHF243.00||+2.40|
|Merck & Co., Inc. (MRK.N)||$68.85||+1.48|
|Sanofi SA (SASY.PA)||€72.66||--|
|AstraZeneca plc (AZN.L)||5,936.00||-6.00|