Clariant AG (CLN.S)
* CLARIANT SIGNS AN AGREEMENT REGARDING SALE OF ITS HEALTHCARE PACKAGING BUSINESS
* CLARIANT AG - CHRISTIAN KOHLPAINTNER, MEMBER OF EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE, DECIDED TO RESIGN EFFECTIVE JUNE 30 TO TAKE ON NEW CHALLENGES OUTSIDE COMPANY Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* CLARIANT'S SHAREHOLDERS APPROVE ALL AGENDA ITEMS Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Berlin Speed Desk)
ZURICH Clariant missed fourth quarter profit and sales expectations on Wednesday due to softening demand in Asia and Europe, sending shares in the Swiss specialty chemicals maker lower.
* Shares fall more than 3 pct (Adds comments from news conference)
* CLARIANT CFO SAYS DON'T SEE A SIGNIFICANT LONGTERM DOWNTURN
ZURICH/BERLIN, Feb 13 The Swiss blue-chip SMI was seen opening 0.22 percent higher at 9,148 points on Wednesday, according to premarket indications by bank Julius Baer.
ZURICH, Feb 13 Clariant's fourth-quarter sales and operating profit fell, as the Swiss specialty chemicals maker saw its plastics and coatings business hurt by softening demand in Asia and Europe and exchange rates wiped out underlying sales growth.
Saudi Basic Industries Corp (SABIC) expects to face challenges this year due to uncertainty over the impact of a global trade war on the United States and China, its major markets, the company's chief executive said on Sunday.
Jan 27 Saudi Basic Industries Corp (SABIC) expects to face challenges this year due to uncertainty over the impact of a global trade war on the United States and China, its major markets, the company's chief executive said on Sunday.