Centrica PLC (CNA.L)
17 Nov 2017
* Innogy shares flat (Adds CFO's comments, expectations of more impairments)
* Small-caps vulnerable as earnings downgrades multiply (ADVISORY- Follow European and UK stock markets in real time on the Reuters Live Markets blog on Eikon, see cpurl://apps.cp./cms/?pageId=livemarkets)
LONDON, Nov 10 British shares could not shake a downbeat mood on Friday and were set for their worst weekly drop in two months, as retail stocks continued to weigh, with Burberry and Bunzl leading losses.
LONDON/FRANKFURT A deal to merge the British retail power businesses owned by SSE and Germany's Innogy could pave the way for more industry consolidation as pressures mount on the big suppliers in an increasingly crowded market.
* Centrica, SSE recover from energy cap concerns (ADVISORY- Follow European and UK stock markets in real time on the Reuters Live Markets blog on Eikon, see cpurl://apps.cp./cms/?pageId=livemarkets)
LONDON The British government put some flesh on its plans to cap consumer gas and electricity prices for millions of households, ordering the industry regulator on Thursday to come up with curbs that will initially last until 2020.
* Centre-right government acts to modify market (Updates after publication of draft bill)
LONDON, Oct 12 Britain's top share index held at a two-month high on Thursday, though a fall among financials and Centrica capped gains as did a pop higher for sterling.
LONDON, Oct 12 Britain will publish on Thursday a draft law designed to cap consumer energy prices for millions of households, taking action to try and fix a market it says punishes loyal customers.
* FTSE to flat-line into year-end - Reuters poll (Adds closing prices)