CenterPoint Energy Inc (CNP.N)
23 May 2018
* FOR THREE MONTHS ENDED MARCH 31, 2018, TOTAL REVENUES WERE $3,155 MILLION VERSUS $2,735 MILLION
* CENTERPOINT ENERGY REPORTS FIRST QUARTER 2018 EARNINGS OF $0.38 PER DILUTED SHARE; $0.55 PER DILUTED SHARE ON A GUIDANCE BASIS
U.S. gas and electric utility CenterPoint Energy said on Monday it would buy rival Vectren Corp for about $6 billion, the latest in a string of mergers in the sector as power consumption in many parts of the country flattens.
* CenterPoint down 2.8 pct, Vectren up 7.3 pct (Adds Breakingviews link, updates share prices)
BRIEF-CenterPoint Energy Says Upon Termination Of Deal, Co To Pay Termination Fee Of $210 Mln To Vectren
* CENTERPOINT ENERGY SAYS UPON TERMINATION OF DEAL UNDER CERTAIN CONDITIONS, CO WOULD BE REQUIRED TO PAY TERMINATION FEE OF $210 MILLION TO VECTREN
* CENTERPOINT ENERGY INC - TRANSACTION ANTICIPATED TO BE FUNDED BY COMBINATION OF EQUITY AND DEBT
April 23 U.S. gas and electric utility CenterPoint Energy said on Monday it would buy rival Vectren Corp in a deal valued at about $6 billion.
U.S. regional gas and electric utility CenterPoint Energy Inc is nearing a deal to acquire peer Vectren Corp, three people familiar with the matter said on Sunday.
* ANNOUNCES COMPLETION OF CRITICAL ELECTRIC TRANSMISSION LINE
BRIEF-CenterPoint Energy Says CEO Prochazka's FY 2017 Total Compensation Was $8.0 Mln Vs $6.7 Mln In FY 2016
* CENTERPOINT ENERGY INC SAYS CEO SCOTT PROCHAZKA'S FY 2017 TOTAL COMPENSATION WAS $8.0 MILLION VERSUS $6.7 MILLION IN FY 2016 - SEC FILING Source text: (http://bit.ly/2pgouYF) Further company coverage: