Crown Resorts Ltd (CWN.AX)
23 Mar 2018
SYDNEY/HONG KONG Australian billionaire James Packer has quit the board of casino operator Crown Resorts Ltd due to mental illness, following a tumultuous period including a break-up with singer Mariah Carey and the failure of Crown's expansion strategy. | Video
* Crown shares touch month-low before paring losses (Adds quotes from ex-Melco exec, Macau background)
March 21 Australia's Crown Resorts said on Wednesday that James Packer has resigned as a director.
* JAMES PACKER HAS TODAY RESIGNED AS A DIRECTOR Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* CONSOLIDATED PRESS HOLDINGS GROUP ADVISES OF SETTLEMENT OF SALE OF CROWN SHARES Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* NO COURT PROCEEDINGS HAVE BEEN ISSUED AGAINST CROWN MELBOURNE IN RELATION TO THE MATTER
March 5 Australia's Crown Resorts said it did not breach gambling regulations when it conducted a trial of gaming machines last year, though the state regulator has informed the casino operator that the trial may have contravened rules.
* REFERS TO TRIAL CONDUCTED BY CROWN MELBOURNE INVOLVING USE OF BLANKING BUTTONS ON A LIMITED NUMBER OF ELECTRONIC GAMING MACHINES
* STARS GROUP INC - UNDER TRANSACTION AGREEMENTS, STARS GROUP IS ALSO ENTITLED TO APPOINT A MAJORITY OF DIRECTORS ON BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF CROWNBET
* Crown Resorts H1 NPAT A$249.5 mln vs A$354.1 mln year prior