DBS Group Holdings Ltd (DBSM.SI)
21 Aug 2019
* Indonesia posts over 2-month closing low * Singapore drops most in nearly 3 months By Soumyajit Saha Aug 5 Southeast Asian stock markets plunged on Monday, with the Philippines shedding 3%, as an escalation of trade tensions between the United States and China sent investors worldwide scurrying for safe havens. After U.S. President Donald Trump abruptly decided on Thursday to slap 10% tariffs on $300 billion in Chinese imports, China vowed to fight what it call
* Singapore shares fall to seven-week low * Indonesia awaits Q2 GDP data By Soumyajit Saha Aug 5 Southeast Asian stock markets took a beating on Monday, with Philippines and Singapore sinking about 2%, as the Sino-U.S. trade war intensified, while weakening services sector data from China added to the gloom. Risk appetite was all but erased as a sudden escalation by U.S. President Donald Trump last week broke a month-long trade truce, with China vowing to counter
SINGAPORE DBS Group Holdings Ltd beat market estimates with a 17% jump in second-quarter net profit as Southeast Asia's biggest lender benefited from rising interest rates, although a subsequent reversal in rate moves has clouded its outlook.
* Sector faces challenging outlook in weak economy (Adds CEO's comment from news conference)
* Singapore hits two-week low * Thai markets closed for holiday By Anushka Trivedi July 29 Most Southeast Asian stock markets fell on Monday as investors exercised caution ahead of a widely anticipated rate cut by the Federal Reserve, with the focus shifting to whether the U.S. central bank will signal further monetary stimulus. The Fed is broadly expected to dish out a quarter point rate-cut at its policy review that ends on Wednesday, but markets await chief Je
SINGAPORE, July 29 DBS Group Holdings Ltd , Southeast Asia's biggest lender, beat market estimates with a nearly 17 percent rise in second-quarter profit, supported by an increase in net interest income.
SINGAPORE/HONG KONG Singapore has cautioned wealth managers against aggressively marketing their services or making other efforts to woo clients to the city state by capitalizing on rival Hong Kong's political turmoil, people with knowledge of the matter said.
* Indonesia touches over two-month high * Malaysia reverses track to fall slightly By Soumyajit Saha July 10 Most Southeast Asian stock markets rose slightly on Wednesday in thin trade, with Singapore leading the gains, as markets awaited further direction from U.S. Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell's congressional testimony slated later in the day. Expectations of a dovish rate policy has been a major stimulant to movement over the last few months, in the fac
SINGAPORE, July 9 Singapore's Temasek Holdings posted the smallest rise in its portfolio in three years as key bank stock holdings declined in value, and the state investor said it was increasingly focusing new investments in North America, Europe and on unlisted firms.
* Cautious on investment outlook in short term (Recasts; Adds comments, quotes from economist)