Dollar General Corp (DG.N)
20 Jul 2018
By April Joyner NEW YORK, June 6 The shares of so-called dollar stores have suffered as U.S. shoppers have started spending more at bargain retailers with focused concepts and big discount chains. Once thought to be insulated from the retail industry's challenges, the dollar stores, which got the name because they try to price items for $1 or less, such as Dollar General Corp , Dollar Tree Inc and Big Lots Inc derive much of their sales from househo
Two of America's biggest dollar store chains missed Wall Street estimates for same-store sales as higher household income encouraged customers to shop more at big box retailers and an unusually cold spring weather crimped demand for seasonal products.
May 31 Two of America's biggest dollar store chains missed Wall Street estimates for same-store sales as higher household income encouraged customers to shop more at big box retailers and an unusually cold spring weather crimped demand for seasonal products.
* Indexes down: Dow 0.97 pct, S&P 0.46 pct, Nasdaq 0.08 pct (Changes comment, adds details, updates prices)
* Dow down 0.59 pct, S&P down 0.33 pct, Nasdaq up 0.06 pct (Updates to open)
* Futures up: Dow 6 pts, S&P 1 pt, Nasdaq 7 pts (Adds comment, adds details, updates prices)
May 31 Dollar General Corp on Thursday reported first-quarter same-store sales below analysts' forecasts, as the discount store chain faced weaker demand for apparel and home products because of cold weather.
BRIEF-Dollar General - Accepted Paula Price’s Resignation, Reduced Size Of Board From 10 To 8 - SEC Filing
* DOLLAR GENERAL - ACCEPTED PAULA PRICE’S RESIGNATION, REDUCED SIZE OF BOARD FROM 10 TO 8 EFFECTIVE AT THE TIME OF THE ANNUAL MEETING - SEC FILING Source text: (https://bit.ly/2s0vI4r) Further company coverage:
* DOLLAR GENERAL CORP SAYS CEO TODD VASOS'S FY 2017 TOTAL COMPENSATION $8.8 MLN VS $8.6 MLN IN FY 2016- SEC FILING Source text: (https://bit.ly/2HncBLg) Further company coverage:
* DOLLAR GENERAL CORPORATION ANNOUNCES PRICING OF $500 MILLION OF SENIOR NOTES
|Walmart Inc (WMT.N)||$88.06||+0.34|
|CVS Health Corp (CVS.N)||$65.26||-0.88|
|Target Corporation (TGT.N)||$77.76||-0.70|
|Rite Aid Corporation (RAD.N)||$1.82||+0.01|
|Rite Aid Corporation (RADCP.PK)||--||--|
|Family Dollar Stores, Inc. (FDO.N)||--||--|
|Dollar Tree, Inc. (DLTR.OQ)||$86.44||-1.05|
|Fred's, Inc. (FRED.OQ)||$2.20||-0.03|
|Kroger Co (KR.N)||$28.14||+0.02|
|Walgreens Boots Alliance Inc (WBA.OQ)||$64.98||+0.05|