Easyjet PLC (EZJ.L)
25 Apr 2019
* Thomas Cook jumps on M&A speculation (Adds company news item, updates to closing prices)
April 23 London's FTSE 100 opened higher on Tuesday as oil majors surged on an imminent end to the United States' Iran sanction waivers, while tour operator Thomas Cook jumped after a report that several bidders were interested in its assets.
* Wizz Air leaps on positive earnings update (Adds company news items, updates to closing prices)
* Miners, banks top boosts to main index (Adds company news items, updates to closing prices)
Budget airline EasyJet warned on Monday that European travelers were holding off booking their summer holidays for fear of how the Brexit process will end, weakening demand for tickets and prices. | Video
* European airlines battling over-capacity and high fuel costs (Adds graphics, updates shares, Eurocontrol data)
* European airlines battling over-capacity and high fuel costs
April 1 London's main index rose on Monday as mining companies gained on upbeat data from China and progress in U.S.-Sino trade talks, though easyJet's weak trading update pulled down airline stocks.
April 1 British low-cost airline easyJet said on Monday that macroeconomic uncertainty and many unanswered questions surrounding Brexit were driving weaker customer demand in the market, hurting ticket yields across Europe.
LONDON British low-cost airline easyJet said on Friday it was ready to suspend the voting rights of a small number of shares to comply with rules that require 50 percent plus one share of the company to be owned by EU shareholders following Brexit.