Facebook Inc (FB.O)
LONDON A former Facebook operations manager told a British parliamentary committee on Wednesday that data harvesting of member profiles by outside software developers was once routine and that the company took years to clamp down on the practice.
NEW YORK U.S. stocks rose on Wednesday, building on earlier gains after the U.S. Federal Reserve raised interest rates as expected and a recovery on Facebook shares. | Video
LONDON, March 21 A former Facebook operations manager told a British parliamentary committee on Wednesday that data harvesting of member profiles by outside software developers was once routine and that the company took years to clamp down on the practice.
* Dow up 0.59 pct, S&P 500 up 0.38 pct, Nasdaq up 0.18 pct (Updates to mid-afternoon, changes byline)
BRUSSELS The European Commission proposed rules on Wednesday to make digital companies pay more tax, with U.S. tech giants such as Google , Facebook and Amazon set to foot a large chunk of any bill. | Video
* Indexes up: Dow 0.55 pct, S&P 0.46 pct, Nasdaq 0.38 pct (Updates to early afternoon)
* Indexes up: Dow up 0.38 pct, S&P 0.34 pct, Nasdaq 0.32 pct (Changes comment, adds details, updates prices)
* For firms with global revenue over 750 mln euros, 50 mln in EU
NEW YORK, March 21, 2018 - World shares fell on Wednesday and the U.S. dollar eased off three-week highs as market participants awaited a likely increase in U.S. interest rates and guidance on how many more to expect for this year.
* Dow up 0.04 pct, S&P off 0.05 pct, Nasdaq down 0.16 pct (Updates to open)