Fonterra Co-Operative Group Ltd (FCGHA.NZ)
23 Apr 2019
WELLINGTON, April 17 Global dairy prices rose for a tenth consecutive time at a fortnightly auction on Wednesday, although prices for whole milk powder (WMP), the most-traded item, eased again due to lower demand.
* Lower demand from North Asia - analyst (Recasts, adds market reaction, analyst comment)
* Prices likely to rise throughout 2019 -analyst (Recasts, adds details)
* Supply growth not keeping pace with global demand - analysts
* Fifth time in a row prices have risen, reversing earlier slump
WELLINGTON, Jan 16 International milk prices rose again on Wednesday, marking a two-month winning streak at the Global Dairy Trade auction after falling throughout most of last year.
* Volume of product traded sinks 20 pct (Recasts, adds detail)
* Prices have been falling since May amidst higher global supply (Recasts, adds analyst comment, market reaction)
WELLINGTON Dairy giant Fonterra Co-Operative Group Limited downgraded its forecast milk payment to farmers and said it was looking to sell its ice cream business, as the New Zealand-based firm reels from its first ever financial loss.
* Company undertaking asset review in wake of first FY loss (Updates to indicate picture available)