Finisar Corp (FNSR.OQ)
15 Dec 2017
Dec 14 The following are the top stories in the Wall Street Journal. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
SAN FRANCISCO Apple Inc's $390 million deal with chip supplier Finisar Corp announced on Wednesday helps lock in the supply of a component that Apple believes will play a big role in its future products by bolstering augmented reality features.
Apple Inc said on Wednesday it had awarded $390 million to optical components maker Finisar Corp to boost production of laser chips that power iPhone X's features such as Face ID, Animoji and portrait mode photos.
* Shares soar 30 pct, rival Lumentum's stock plunges (Adds Finisar's response)
* FINISAR ISSUES STATEMENT ON APPLE'S $390 MILLION AWARD TO CO
Dec 13 Apple Inc said on Wednesday it would invest $390 million in Finisar Corp, which it will use to build out a plant in Texas to make chips that power popular iPhone features such as face ID, animojis and portrait-mode selfies.
* APPLE AWARDS FINISAR $390 MILLION FROM ITS ADVANCED MANUFACTURING FUND
* FINISAR ANNOUNCES SECOND QUARTER FISCAL 2018 FINANCIAL RESULTS
* Finisar announces first quarter fiscal 2018 financial results
* Finisar announces intention of co-founder and chief executive officer Jerry Rawls to retire